We value your privacy!
Please read this policy to understand
how we protect and use information we collect about you.
Website Privacy Statement
This policy establishes how our organization will use information we gather about you from your visit to our website. The privacy of our members is of the utmost importance to our organization.
If you visit one of our websites...
- To read or download information:
- We may collect and store information for statistical purposes. For example, we may count the number of visitors to the different pages on our website to help make those, future pages and related content more useful to visitors. This information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- The internet domain (for example, "verizon.com" if you use a private internet access account, or "aschool.edu" if you connect from a university's domain), any search terms you may have entered to get to our site, and the IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web) from which you access our website;
- The type of device, browser and operating system used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The pages you visit; and
- If you visited this website from a link on another website and the address of that website.
- To send us an email:
- By sending us an email or an online contact request (herein: email), you may be sending us personal information such as your name, address, email address plus, whatever message you put in your email. We may store your email in order to respond to your request or otherwise resolve the subject matter of the email. Under limited circumstances, including requests from Congress or private individuals, we may be required by law to disclose the information you submit (this has never happened, but it theoretically could). Remember that email is not necessarily secure against interception. If your communication is very sensitive, or includes personal information like your Social Security Number, you might want to send it by postal mail or give it to someone at an ACT UP NY general meeting, instead.
- To register:
- Some of our websites ask visitors and guests to fill out registration forms. Other information collected at websites through questionnaires, feedback forms, or other means, enables us to determine visitors' interests, with the goal of providing better service to our members, donors and subscribers.
The information that you provide on our Website will be used only for its intended purpose, except as required by law or if pertinent to judicial or governmental investigations or proceedings.
Regardless of the information being transmitted to us, we will protect all such information consistent with the highest legal standards and ethical principles of freedom and fairness in privacy.
e-Newsletter Privacy Statement
ACT UP NY values your privacy! We NEVER SELL, RENT or LOAN out your name or private information to anyone, ever! We do have a newsletter and do send email announcements strictly on a confirmed, opt-in basis. Beyond opt-in, bulk email we send individual emails from our working members to you as part of any support requests that you have initiated, or in case we have to contact you about work we are doing on your behalf. In any event, you can report abuse to: firstname.lastname@example.org or you can lodge a complaint directly with our network provider gPowerHost: Abuse Desk.
Our Contact Info:
ACTUP NEW YORK, INC.
332 Bleecker Street, PMB5
New York, NY 10014